GET SAFE ONLINE 2020 ADDITIONAL SUPPORT DURING COVID 19
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR THE GET SAFE LEAFLET TO KEEP CHILDREN SAFE WHEN USING THE INTERNET
UK Safer Internet Centre
The UK Safer Internet Centre is a partnership of three leading charities – Childnet International, the Internet Watch Foundation and South West Grid for Learning, (SWGfL) - with a shared mission to make the internet a better place for children and young people.
The partnership was appointed by the European Commission as the Safer Internet Centre for the UK in January 2011 and is one of the 31 Safer Internet Centres of the Insafe network.
The UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology by children and young people:
- coordinates Safer Internet Day in the UK, reaching millions every year. In 2018 Safer Internet Day reached 45 of young people and 30% of parents in the UK.
- operates the UK’s hotline for reporting online child sexual abuse imagery
- develops new advice and educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing online environment
- delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children’s workforce, including free events across the UK
- trains children and young people to be peer educators and champions for the safe and positive use of technology
5 E-Safety Smart Rules
Think You Know
Internet Safety Quiz
Internet Usage Statistics Video
Parents Against Child Exploitation
West Mercia Police #Be Cyber Smart