Here at Nunnery Wood Primary School, we support Safer Internet Day. Click the links below to find amazing resources to help you keep the whole family safe online.
You can also find them on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/UKSIC
The Computing Council invite you to join us:
OPEN MORNING ON TUESDAY 5th FEBRUARY for Safer Internet Day 2019: Understanding Consent in a Digital World
Safer Internet Day 2019 will be celebrated globally on Tuesday 5th February with the slogan: ‘Together for a better Internet’.
- hundreds of organisations get involved and join a national conversation about using technology responsibly, respectfully, critically and creatively.
- opportunity to highlight positive uses of technology and to explore the role we all play in helping to create a better and safer online community.
- range of resources to help celebrate the day - lessons plans, assemblies and films, social media, national research looking at young people’s use of technology
UK Safer Internet Centre
The UK Safer Internet Centre is a partnership of three leading charities – Childnet International, the Internet Watch Foundation and South West Grid for Learning, (SWGfL) - with a shared mission to make the internet a better place for children and young people.
The partnership was appointed by the European Commission as the Safer Internet Centre for the UK in January 2011 and is one of the 31 Safer Internet Centres of the Insafe network.
The UK Safer Internet Centre delivers a wide range of activity to promote the safe and responsible use of technology by children and young people:
- coordinates Safer Internet Day in the UK, reaching millions every year. In 2018 Safer Internet Day reached 45 of young people and 30% of parents in the UK.
- operates the UK’s hotline for reporting online child sexual abuse imagery
- develops new advice and educational resources for children, parents and carers and teachers to meet emerging trends in the fast-changing online environment
- delivers education sessions for children, parents, carers, teachers and the wider children’s workforce, including free events across the UK
- trains children and young people to be peer educators and champions for the safe and positive use of technology
Safer Internet Day 2019: Together for a Better Internet
Safer Internet Day 2018: Create, Connect and Share Respect
Safer Internet Day 2017: Be the Change
Safer Internet Day 2016: Play your part for a better internet
Here you will find up to date information about internet safety. Click on the links below to find out more.
UK Safer Internet Centre
5 E-Safety Smart Rules
Think You Know
Internet Safety Quiz
Internet Usage Statistics Video
Parents Against Child Exploitation
West Mercia Police #Be Cyber Smart