Contacts: Miss P Anderson - SENCo
Mrs. L Salisbury - SEND and Safeguarding Manager
If you have any SEN Concerns, please contact the School Office to make an appointment to meet with us. Or email email@example.com
SEND Information Report: Please click on the attachment below to read about what our school has to offer for SEND. Paper copies are available on request.
SENDIASS - SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (formerly the Parent Partnership Service)
Worcestershire Graduated Response: http://www.worcestershire.gov.uk/graduatedresponse
Worcestershire Speech and Language Therapy - Access to excellent resources to help with Communication, social skills, turn taking ,routines. https://www.hacw.nhs.uk/our-services/speech-language-therapy/childrens/resources/
You can also access the resources via the Facebook page: Worcestershire Speech and Language Therapy
Here are some excellent examples:
Hereford and Worcester Dyslexia Association
SEND SURVEY RESULTS SUMMER 2022
We asked parents of pupils with Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities to complete a questionnaire. (Summer term 2022)
The results will be used to improve SEND provision at NWPS. Thank you to all parents who took part.
Some lovely comments that we received were:
- We are very happy with the support and information we received from school
- Happy with everything regarding my son.
- You always listen and take on board what I say.
- Fabulous communication and use of strategies to manage behaviour.
What we will do to improve things for you and your child:
- Produce a SEND at NWPS information sheet, this will be emailed out to all parents. SENCO will update the website and create guidance around the Worcestershire process to share with parents
- Make more appointments available to meet with SENCo on parents evenings. This year the SENCO has been released from class commitment therefore capacity at parents evening will increase.
- Share IPM’s in a timely manner and provide opportunities for these to be discussed. Clear guidance will be shared with parents.
- Regular half termly dropin sessions with Miss Anderson (SENCO) to ask anything about your child or SEND at NWPS will be re-established in Autumn Term.
This is an informative video about trauma and how it can affect children's brain development: